I started the day with more ceiling scraping. The living room is vaulted so re rented scaffolding for the week so we could more easily access it. I will sure be glad when all the popcorn ceiling is gone. After this project is over, there will only be two small areas left to remove-our master bath and the master closet. I thought about just doing it while we are in that mode, but there are so many piles in our bedroom already I can’t quite bring myself to empty out our closet and bathroom to do this. Kathy came back over and helped finish up the scraping. (Notice how I let her get into the tight corners.)
Since we are changing the stairway, the light fixture is no longer centered over the stairs. I had Patrick move the light and patch the hole while we were addressing the ceiling. The light fixture has a lot of character and I really debated about keeping it-NOT! I am glad to get rid of it although I have been racking my brain to figure out if there is anything creative to do with it. There are a wealth of creative ideas on Pinterest, but nothing is coming to mind for this thing or its companion over the entryway. In the end, I decided a simple can light was all that was needed and the light fixtures will just have to find another home far from here.
Meanwhile, Patrick and Chad continued working on plumbing and electrical and a little more tear out.
Tanner took a wire brush attachment on the end of a drill to remove the “faux” paint from the fireplace. I’m glad I decided to have him do this now. It produced so much dust that we were practically eating it.
That orangey color is paint. I think it looks a million times better already. I’ll save the finished results for a future post.
The wall between the kitchen and living room is gone. Yeah!
The niche in the dining room is framed in and the old bathroom framing is totally gone.
Here’s a shot into the new bathroom. The entrance to it is off the new laundry room.