Things are really starting to come together and it is getting exciting. The drywall is pretty much all up and taping the seams is about done. Just a final coat or two of joint compound and patching in the ceiling areas are all that is needed. Patrick likes to use a quick setting joint compound so this should be done by the end of Day 8.
More electrical and plumbing were done, but that is about finished up as well. Pat thought the ceiling fan over the kitchen table was a little too close to the wall so of course logically, I asked him if he could move it. (He should know better by now not to mention things to me if he doesn’t want to improve it.) So my new light fixture will go where the little wire hanging from the ceiling is.
My project for the day was trying to do what needed to be done with the scaffolding so we can get it out of the living room, so I painted the peak above the ledge. I think I am done having to climb up there for a while. This picture doesn’t do the paint color justice since it was taken at night with only utility lighting and a flash, but you get the idea.
I also wanted to update the fireplace by getting rid of the brass. The only way to do this was to spray paint and the doors are built into the stone so I needed to do it in place. I taped everything off I didn’t want paint on and used a high heat spray paint.
I’d love to get new handles for the doors since the existing handles are a combination of wood and brass. Handles with a 4” spread are difficult to find in the stores around here. I am searching the internet for replacements, but in the meantime, I will just spray paint the existing ones.
Day 8 should be exciting-hardwood floors are about to go down and the cabinets are supposed to arrive.